Easy homemade sugar cookies

It's that time of the year again, Christmas! 


Oh how I remember my mother baking away in the kitchen weeks before Santa's arrival. Whether the cookies and treats were for PTA, teacher gifts, neighbors and more. I never understood why she baked so much until now. 

This year, I thought I would make one recipe in particular I have a fond memory helping my mother in the kitchen, sugar cookies! No, not the kind you decorate with icing, but sweet, sugary cookies that melt in your mouth. 


The recipe is quite easy, and makes a ton of cookies (great for coworker gifts). 


Recipe: 

1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup white sugar 
1 cup margarine 
1 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla 
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
4 cup flour

Mix all together in mixer. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 



Take little rolls onto greased baking sheet. Get a wine glass or stemware. Put sugar in bowl or something you can put bottom of stemware glass on. I used a cereal bowl and put some sugar in it. 


Take oil from cookies and put a little on bottom of stemware. Presd sugar onto bottom of glass and press lightly down into each ball on cookie sheet. Repeat for each cookie for sugary goodness.


Use little sprinkles to add color, if desired. 

Bake for 9-10 minutes. 





Enjoy!

-Mandy 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Little of This & A Little of That © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects