Everyone Loves Burlap!

Fall is officially here and that means football season is here for the Meadows' household.
Since my crafting abilities have been slowly improving, I thought I would take a shot at incorporating the oh-so-popular burlap wreath with my alma mater. At first, I had a difficult time trying to figure out what kind of wreath to make. Of course, I ventured onto Pinterest to find some inspirational ideas and took the one qualities I liked from each wreath I saw and made my own.


After making my own, I already have had one close family friend request a wreath. Not too shabby, eh? So I thought I would share with you the burlap, fun process (it’s really not that difficult!)
What you’ll need:
·         2 rolls of large burlap (Michael’s or Hobby Lobby)
·         1 medium sized wreath wire (looks green)
·         Any other ribbons you wish to add (I added maroon ribbon and more burlap chevron)
·         Small pieces of wire to tie your ribbon/burlap to the frame (You could even use paper clips if you want to!)

1.       You’ll notice the wire wreath has 3 lines. Cut a piece of wire (or use a paper clip or pipe cleaner) and wrap the beginning of your burlap on the bottom (3rd line).

2.       Now, grab more of your burlap and start scrunching it in a loop format into the 2nd line of wire wreath. Repeat. I did two loops per section of the wreath.

3.       Continue to loop and repeat once first batch of burlap is finished. You can also puff out the loops to make bigger, or smaller - Whichever you prefer.

4.       At this point, you’ll want to get whatever extra ribbon you want to put on and do the exact same thing, but have it spread out throughout the wreath and make sure not to do any loops too closely together. Luckily, if it looks strange, you can always re-arrange and retry.

5.       I also thought I’d make a flag banner. I just bought some felt at Hobby Lobby, made a triangle cut out and used it as a guide (to keep all flags the same), and some foam letters and hot glued them together.

6.       Tada!




Great thing is, this wreath can be more of a ‘fall’ wreath as well and not be football related.

Share with me some burlap wreaths you like or have made! I love seeing new wreath ideas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Little of This & A Little of That © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects